Today people are living busy and challenging lives; Hearts Afire offers people a quick and easy way to withdraw from the demands of life and enter into a peaceful interior reflection on their relationship with Christ.
Easy to implement in parishes, the goal of Hearts Afire is to help bring the parish community more deeply into the burning love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the fire of love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The simplicity behind Hearts Afire is evident in all aspects of the program from concept to cost:
- Simple Implementation: Participants begin each week by reading a specific section from the retreat book, are guided through reflective questions in a retreat companion, gather weekly, meet in small groups for 30 minutes of discussion time, then reconvene in a large group for 30 - 45 minute lessons on DVD, and conclude with prayer. (The duration of the DVD lesson depends upon the program.)
- Designed for the Average Catholic: From the retreat books written by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, to the retreat companions, all materials are easy to understand and written right to the faithful in the pew.
- Short in Length: 6 and 10 week retreat programs require approximately 90 minute meeting time.
- Supportive Staff: One-on-one assistance is available at Hearts Afire to assist you.
- Cost: Cost to the participant is minimal and cost to parish is less than $50
- Solidly Catholic: Follows Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magisterium; frequently cites the Catechism of the Catholic Church and writings of doctors of the Church and saints; approved by the Church as being free from error in faith and morals.
Now that you've seen the simplicity of the program, take the next step and learn Where To Begin