As the Retreat Coordinator you are the person who organizes and manages the specific HAPP retreat and works with your pastor to introduce the Hearts Afire Parish-based Program to your parish, creating an excitement and setting hearts on fire to be part of this amazing experience. You oversee the main details of the program such as:
- making the schedule
- ordering materials
- promoting the retreat
- preparing room locations
- selecting and training the small group leaders
This entire process is made simple by the many available resources on this website, for those registered as HAPP Leaders, such as:
- Retreat Coordinator's Guide
- an easy to follow step by step checklist for the Retreat Coordinator
- clear instructions on How to Introduce HAPP to Your Parish
- general downloadable documents, resourceful links and HAPP Leader Documents (HAPP Leader Documents can be accessed once you are logged in as a leader.)
- detailed explanation of materials needed as well as templates for your schedule, registration form, and communication emails
- straightforward 2 Minute Video Tips
- "Getting the Word Out" flyers, announcements, and poster templates.
The best part, should you ever need personal assistance, a HAPP team member is eager to work with you. Just contact us.
We encourage you to create a core team of 3-6 passionate faithful people to assist with various tasks. These will be people who joyfully help with promotion of your retreat, coordination of your logistical needs, and orgazing registration and database of participants.
There are many tips and timelines, descriptions of events, sample announcements and other publicity material available to those registered on this website as HAPP Retreat Leaders.
Above all, we encourage you to begin each day, starting today, with a prayer to the Holy Spirit:
Come Holy Spirit, living in Mary, be my Guide and my Counselor. Strengthen in me the gifts needed to initiate and complete this work. I give all to You for the greater Glory of God. Amen.